Monday 25 July 2016

My journey in business and the property venture



How it Started



My first business was in catering. I began as a glorified sandwich delivery service going around local offices and industrial parks. I worked from 4am to 1pm in the day and did my accounts and preparation in the evening for the following day, from 9pm to 1am, 5 days a week and half-day on a Sunday. Apart from that, I brought up my daughter since 3 months old! I was shattered, but it was well worth it. My business took off very quickly, delivering up to 200 customers a day, plus buffet service for weekly corporate events.


With hard work and long hours, I was able to purchase my first 2 bedroom flat with excitement. It looked like something out of the 70's! I turned it around into an updated bright. airy and lovable home. I found that I enjoyed it so much, I moved onto another property! I loved catering, but I loved properties even more and started my property journey in October 2010.


October 2010


This time it was an old cottage that was out of the 40's. I stripped it right back into an empty shell and started all again, renovating it into a clean, crisp and contemporary home. I sold it immediately! I carried on and let and sold more properties. As being a part of the property business, I have my team of builders. If you need work done such as renovations, conversions, extension’s or new builds, then get in touch.


2014 – 2015

In 2014, I started attending networking events where I met a lot of like-minded property experts. Afterwards, I met up with a very influential property flipper. I needed a new direction from a place where I felt stuck, so we discussed options where I could do a lot better!

Moving on with my property journey, I sourced land sites for developers. I have sourced pubs, nightclubs, yards and large land with planning permission and without. I sold sites with a purchase price of 7.7M with a potential re-sales of 30M. Though I enjoyed sourcing and was quite successful at it, I found that my hard work was not of benefit to me. Why give these sites away when I can work with an investor and do them myself!


2016 –


This is a new chapter in my journey and I'm excited to see where it will take me. I have already sourced sites and putting offers in.


I have a new blog and website being created, so keep checking for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment